Tags: avi, box, clip, decompressor, file, insert, message, microsoft, msdn, object, software, video, vido, vidsmjpg, word

vids:mjpg decompressor in word

On Microsoft » Microsoft Word

5,352 words with 5 Comments; publish: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:24:00 GMT; (30078.13, « »)

I am trying to insert a video clip (.avi file) into word. when I insert it

(using "object") I get the message on the box that says: "Vido not available,

cannot find "vids.mjpg decompressor"

What is it that I am missing and where do I find it so I can put video clips

in a word document?

Thank you. Ellen

All Comments

Leave a comment...

  • 5 Comments
    • Try the suggestions under Workaround bugs & limitations at:

      http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointtips.htm

      ************

      Hope it helps!

      Anne Troy

      www.OfficeArticles.com

      "Ellen" <Ellen.ms-word.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

      news:DA75BFF7-7C2F-433D-8A12-398A41A46335.ms-word.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

      >I am trying to insert a video clip (.avi file) into word. when I insert it

      > (using "object") I get the message on the box that says: "Vido not

      > available,

      > cannot find "vids.mjpg decompressor"

      > What is it that I am missing and where do I find it so I can put video

      > clips

      > in a word document?

      > Thank you. Ellen

      #1; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:26:00 GMT
    • Can you play this avi file in Media Player? If not, you need to install the

      correct codec for the format of the AVI file.

      <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

      Graham Mayor - Word MVP

      My web site www.gmayor.com

      Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

      <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

      Ellen wrote:

      > I am trying to insert a video clip (.avi file) into word. when I

      > insert it (using "object") I get the message on the box that says:

      > "Vido not available, cannot find "vids.mjpg decompressor"

      > What is it that I am missing and where do I find it so I can put

      > video clips in a word document?

      > Thank you. Ellen

      #2; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:27:00 GMT
    • Yes, the avi files play just fine in media player. What I am trying to do is

      to insert the avi files into a word doc so I can distribute them in a

      viewable form on a cd to my fellow travelers on a recent trip. That is when I

      get the decompressor missing message. Any hints for that project?

      "Graham Mayor" wrote:

      > Can you play this avi file in Media Player? If not, you need to install the

      > correct codec for the format of the AVI file.

      > --

      > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

      > Graham Mayor - Word MVP

      > My web site www.gmayor.com

      > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

      > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

      > Ellen wrote:

      >

      >

      #3; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:28:00 GMT
    • I am trying to work in Word - will a work around for Power Point work for a

      Word project? I am creating a cd of short travel videos to distribute to my

      fellow travelers and all have Word but not all have Power Point. I can't tell

      from the website if the fixes will work for a Word project. Thank you. Ellen

      "Anne Troy" wrote:

      > Try the suggestions under Workaround bugs & limitations at:

      > http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointtips.htm

      > ************

      > Hope it helps!

      > Anne Troy

      > www.OfficeArticles.com

      > "Ellen" <Ellen.ms-word.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

      > news:DA75BFF7-7C2F-433D-8A12-398A41A46335.ms-word.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

      >

      >

      #4; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:29:00 GMT
    • I don't think Word would be at all suited to this. What you need is a tool

      to make videos that will play from CD/DVD Unless you want to buy some

      specialised software, Windows Movie Maker would be a good start. There are

      lots of groups concerned with the creation of video material that would be

      of more help than this one.

      <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

      Graham Mayor - Word MVP

      My web site www.gmayor.com

      Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

      <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

      Ellen wrote:[vbcol=seagreen]

      > Yes, the avi files play just fine in media player. What I am trying

      > to do is to insert the avi files into a word doc so I can distribute

      > them in a viewable form on a cd to my fellow travelers on a recent

      > trip. That is when I get the decompressor missing message. Any hints

      > for that project?

      > "Graham Mayor" wrote:

      #5; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:30:00 GMT