Tags: carriage, microsoft, msdn, return, soft, software, word

replace soft carriage return

On Microsoft » Microsoft Word

3,806 words with 3 Comments; publish: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:21:00 GMT; (300125.00, « »)

How do I replace a soft carriage return with a hard carriage return?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

  • 3 Comments
    • I'm guessing you mean the things Word calls Manual Line Break and Paragraph

      Mark.

      If you bring up the Find&Replace dialog, and click on More, the Special menu

      will enter the codes for those things and many others in the F&R dialog.

      Or select and overtype.

      Or were you actually trying to put a paragraph break at the end of every

      automatically wrapping line?

      On 7/19/05 9:00 AM, "Tech Writer" wrote:

      > How do I replace a soft carriage return with a hard carriage return?

      Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word

      Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

      MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/>

      What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

      #1; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:22:00 GMT
    • I believe what Tech Writer means is the "soft return" which is created by

      pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

      I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark, but

      cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace dialog box.

      Any insight to this?

      "Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

      > I'm guessing you mean the things Word calls Manual Line Break and Paragraph

      > Mark.

      > If you bring up the Find&Replace dialog, and click on More, the Special menu

      > will enter the codes for those things and many others in the F&R dialog.

      > Or select and overtype.

      > Or were you actually trying to put a paragraph break at the end of every

      > automatically wrapping line?

      > On 7/19/05 9:00 AM, "Tech Writer" wrote:

      >

      > --

      > Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word

      > Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

      > MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/>

      > What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

      >

      #2; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:23:00 GMT
    • Replace ^l (that's a lowercase L) with ^p. Daiya actually gave you the

      information you needed. If you click More in the Find and Replace dialog,

      then Special, as she described, you will see the Manual Line Break and

      Paragraph Mark items; clicking on them will insert the codes I provided.

      Suzanne S. Barnhill

      Microsoft MVP (Word)

      Words into Type

      Fairhope, Alabama USA

      Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org

      Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so

      all may benefit.

      "maril" <maril.ms-word.todaysummary.com.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

      news:D37C6E97-A3CC-40BF-9082-813CF5BB37DC.ms-word.todaysummary.com.microsoft.com...

      > I believe what Tech Writer means is the "soft return" which is created by

      > pressing SHIFT+Enter keys.

      > I'm trying to replace those with "hard returns" aka paragraph mark, but

      > cannot find anything in the "Special" menu in the Find & Replace dialog

      box.[vbcol=seagreen]

      > Any insight to this?

      > "Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

      Paragraph[vbcol=seagreen]

      menu[vbcol=seagreen]

      http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/[vbcol=seagreen]

      #3; Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:24:00 GMT